The Seven Last Words of Jesus features:
• A profound and lively reflection on Christ's last words
• Addresses many everyday concerns: marriage, liturgy, suffering, vocations, etc.
• The sacred mysteries of Christ crucified carefully explored through the lens of sacred art
• An invaluable companion – a beautiful resource you will return to throughout the year
• An ideal gift for Catholics and for those who wish to understand the mystery of the Cross of Christ. Well suited for adult catechetical instruction and RCIA
• Foreword by His Eminence, Edward Cardinal Egan, Archbishop of New York
• Soft cover with flaps – 89 pages – 6¼ x 6¼ in.
"Father Cessario writes powerfully and lovingly about each of the seven statements uttered by the Son of God on Calvary's cross and finds in each of them a remarkable expression of the ‘divine order,' the theme that underlies his entire composition. The ease with which he cites Scripture, the Fathers and Doctors of the Church, and theologians of all eras never ceases to amaze. One immediately senses that we are being taught and inspired by a deeply committed follower of the Lord who loves and reveres all that the Church teaches and earnestly desires to share it with others.
In the name of the thousands who heard Father Cessario on Good Friday 2008 in Saint Patrick's Cathedral and the thousands more who will have an opportunity to read and meditate these pages, and in my own name as well, I express my admiration and heartfelt gratitude to this extraordinary theologian and preacher."
— From the Foreword by Edward Cardinal Egan Archbishop of New York